Committees, Leadership and Caucuses
House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
The House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence is charged with oversight of the United States intelligence community, which includes the intelligence related activities of 17 elements of the U.S. Government, and the Military Intelligence Program.
- Chair, Intelligence Modernization and Readiness Subcommittee: This subcommittee oversees overall management of the Intelligence Community: the policies and programs focused on making sure that all 17 U.S. intelligence agencies have the workforce, infrastructure and services they need to succeed. This involves fostering greater collaboration and better use of resources across the entire Intelligence Community in personnel management, security clearance reform, information technology modernization, and other areas.
House Judiciary Committee
The Judiciary Committee has jurisdiction over matters relating to the administration of justice in federal courts, administrative bodies, and law enforcement agencies.
Committee on Homeland Security
To serve on the Intelligence Committee, I have taken a leave of absence from the Homeland Security Committee.
Committee on Science, Space, and Technology
To serve on the Judiciary Committee, I gave up my seat on the Science Committee.
Co-chair, Steering & Policy Committee
I was selected by Democratic Leader Pelosi and elected by my colleagues to help lead this committee, which sets the Democratic policy agenda and nominates Democratic Members for committee assignments.
I founded and am chairman emeritus of Future Forum, a group of young Democratic Members of Congress focused on issues and opportunities for millennial Americans.
Democratic Policy & Communications Committee (DPCC)
I serve on the Policy & Communications Committee, which is tasked with developing a Caucus-wide message that forcefully communicates where House Democrats stand on issues to the American people. I am leading the committee’s outreach to millennial audiences.
I am also a member of the following caucuses:
- Ad Hoc Committee for Irish Affairs
- Animal Rights Caucus
- Anti-Bullying Caucus
- Congressional Asian Pacific America Caucus
- Congressional Dyslexia Caucus
- Cybersecurity Caucus
- Democratic Whip’s Taskforce on Poverty and Opportunity
- Diabetes Caucus
- Friends of Ireland
- Future Caucus
- High Tech Caucus
- India Caucus
- International Religious Freedom Caucus
- Internet Caucus
- Ports Caucus
- Science and Labs Caucus
- Sikh Caucus
- Soccer Caucus (former co-chair)
- Tom Lantos Human Rights Commission
- Victims’ Rights Caucus
- Wine Caucus