House App Contest
Congressional App Challenge
Each year, the House holds a Congressional App Challenge to engage students’ creativity and encourage their participation in STEM education fields. Established in 2013, it’s a nationwide event in which middle- and high-school students from across the nation create and exhibit apps for mobile, tablet, or computers.
Resources for Students and Teachers
- 36 Resources To Help You Teach Kids Programming
- Codecademy, self-taught courses in HTML/CSS, Python, Ruby, and PHP
- MIT App Inventor tutorial to develop mobile apps on Android phones.
- Scratch, a simple visual programming language
- Alice, used to create 3D animations
- Development Kits: